Academic and Professional details:
Department of Chemistry
IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand
Assistant Professor Department of Chemistry
(2019-Till date) Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
DST-INSPIRE faculty Supervisor: Prof. G. Mugesh
(2017-2019) Inorganic and Physical Chemistry (IPC)
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Post-Doctoral Fellow Supervisor: Professor Peter J Sadler
(2015-2017) Department of Chemistry
The University of Warwick, UK
Ph.D. Supervisor: Professor Sandeep Verma
(2009 - 2014) Department of Chemistry
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur,
Awards / Fellowships:
2017 DST-INSPIRE faculty award from DST,
Government of India
2015- 2017 Newton International Fellowship
awarded by The Royal Society and The British Academy
2014 Eli Lilly and Company Asia Outstanding Thesis Award
2008 National Eligibility Test, University Grants Commission,
India (JRF-chemical sciences).
1) N. Singh, K. P. Raul, A. Poulose, G. Mugesh* and V. Venkatesh*. " Highly Stable Pyrimidine Based
Luminescent Copper Nanoclusters with Superoxide Dismutase Mimetic and Nitric Oxide Releasing Activity"
ACS Appl. Bio Mater., 2020, 3, 7454−7461.
2) K. T. Prakash, N. Singh and V. Venkatesh* " Synthesis of novel luminescent copper nanoclusters with
substituent driven self-assembly and aggregation induced emission (AIE)" Chem. Comm., 2019, 55, 322−355.
3) V. Venkatesh, N. K. Mishra, I. R. Canelón, R. R. Vernooij, H. Shi, J. P. C. Coverdale, A. Habtemariam,
S. Verma, and P. J. Sadler. “Supramolecular Photoactivatable Anticancer Hydrogels” J. Am. Chem.
Soc., 2017,139, 5656–5659.
4) V. Venkatesh, R. B.-Martin, C. J. Wedge, I. R. -Canelon, C. S.-Cano, J. Song, J. P. C. Coverdale, P.
Zhang, G. J. Clarkson, A. Habtemariam, S.W. Magennis, R. J. Deeth and P. J. Sadler. “Mitochondria-
targeted spin-labelled luminescent iridium anticancer complexes” Chem. Sci. 2017, 8271-8278.
5) S. Kandambeth, V. Venkatesh, D. B. Shinde, S. Kumari, A. Halder, S. Verma, R. Banerjee. “Self-
templated chemically stable hollow spherical covalent organic framework” Nature Commun., 2015, 6,
Article No. 6786.